BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 10, 2010

Boarding school songs list..

Like Joyah Lolly said,things keep tingling on her mind and she blogged about it!
well recently, my mind keep on thinking about how my songs preferences had change during the past 10 years.
Let's look at 10 years back,
I was in a boarding school,and for sure, the most appreciated entertainment at that time would be listening to the radio.This is due to the fact that,television viewings were only limited during the weekend and also when there are special sports matches!
Watching tv that was super controlled by the seniors, ALSO made me rarely turned to watch tv.
so,most of of the time,I will used my mini radio (rm 10,bought from pasar malam) to get entertained..hoyeahhh!

Things made worse as my hostel's location were situated within an area that have many hills.(actually, I almost put mountains,but,later I have a check with DBP dictionary, and it suggests hills)
Therefore,the only radio channel that we got was the one with not-so-updated songs.(Thanks ALLAH,we still have it to depends on).As far as I remember,those songs are either request by the caller or by listeners who wrote letter to the radio channel.

Lists of songs that I listened to during my 2-boarding school years:
1.Hadirlah Mustika (Spin) and other spin's songs

2.Kesetiaan (Siti Sarah) my fav till now.I would say this song is evergreen.
MEMORY; One of my friend secretly bought URTV;which is prohibited in any hostels I supposed.and we are so excited to have the kesetiaan lyric in the magazine.
I memang feelin siti sarah abes..kat buaian,and so on..

3.Westlife songs-especially uptown girl
Suddenly remember the time when one of my friend refused to share her lyrics book because she got the lyric of the "updated"westlife song
- it is sumthin usual for a student at my school to have a lyrics book.It looks like a log book for extracurricular activities.

Then,as I became more otai,in parallel with the Linkin Park revolution,
I then prefer slow rock,rock,and alternative songs.
1.Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood,19-2000
2.Linkin Park - Paranoid,In the end,Crawling
3.Coldplay-Yellow; found the lyric from the Galaxy magazine at that time
4.Limp Bizkit-Rollin2
My cassete which is a compilation of most of the above songs was `seized' by the hostel's prefects during a `raid' for prohibited things.

After,I left the boarding school and continue my studies at a daily school,I then switched from a radio/song listener to a tv watcher.
at this age,my songs preferences would be more on ballads or `machine voice songs'.

-Wassalam-

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

time i dekat boarders, lagu feveret lagu siti nurhaliza..ngeh3...x pon beli kaset. but the perks being prefect, aku ngan kawan aku pegi beli cd konsert siti dekat albert hall pastuh tgk guna pc dekat bilik prefect. head prefect tgk geleng kepala..ngeh3

PahPihPuh said...

kat skolah aku,siti nurhaliza mmg kat list paling atas.kawan2 aku siap kumpul poster2 siti dlm urtv lg.siti pun byk lagu etnik kalu aku x silap,mase 2001-2002.hahah.omg!nie rupenye keje2 pengawas ye..seb bek head x join.(masih ingat kaset aku yg kene rampas,dahla first tyme bli,ori plak tue)

aikasayang said...

aku first time beli kaset lagu dayang nurfaizah uolss
masa form 2..share dgn kakak spupu aku..wakaakaka...nak tergelak kalo teringat gaya tangan dayang kalau menyanyi..mcm tgh mengacau gulai atas periuk

PahPihPuh said...

OMG tkah!
ko same ngan tok aku.die suke gak dayang nurfaizah.ingat dulu belikan kaset dayang almost rm18jugakla.ala2 r&b melayu pertama gitu..aku pon layan gak dayang tyme tue.hahahah kacau gulai?very da utara element.x lupe juge akak misha omar!

LoLLy~ said...

hahaha, lek je joyah lolly yek...aku kt skola dgr lagu nasyid dow,lolz...

PahPihPuh said...

wawawahh..
akak lolly dah kelik!
alhamdulillah,
tue la ciri2 asrama persekutuan..hehe
inteam?unic?
op kos u hapal kan..

LoLLy~ said...

di pondok kecil,ngeh3

Hazwan Samian said...

wahh cipak.. dgr linkin park n gorillaz yek.. igtkn dgr lagu rapeah buang, zaiton sameon dgn raja ema jek.. lol..

PahPihPuh said...

lolly:tue nasyid dr i skolah rendah tau~dr awal umur dh dapat pendedahan ;p

Hazwansamian.blogspot:eyh2!akak mmg layan lagu omputeh.tambah2 gorillaz pkai animasi..
rapeah buang x lpe ye lgu die tyme perayaan.
kak zaiton kwn ngan seripah itu eini.opkos i layn sket2..
raja ema..oopss..xpnah dgr lgu die..movie die pnahla nengok

amirahms said...

cipak! x sangke nye u dgr gorillaz, linkin park semua tuh..caya lah! hahhahaha rockers gitew..

PahPihPuh said...

ahahah mirah..
jaman dulu2 memang mudah goyah mirah..
tapi lagu2 diorg evergreen jugak la..

amirahms said...

x pe...aku lagi otai dari ko..hahaha skang pun dok dgr jugak rock2 ni..tp x dop la yg head banging melompat smua tuh..hehe..